Documentary Filmmaker - (Remote-Contractor)
ConvertKit is on a mission to help creators earn $1B using our SaaS email marketing platform. We are 100% independent, 100% remote, and are growing rapidly. We are proud to have built a product that our customers love, and we're looking for a talented documentary filmmaker to work on a project basis to help us grow our reach and inspire, educate, and support even more creators with world-class content.
If you love short inspiring films that tell creator stories (like Chef’s Table), you’ll be a great fit for this ongoing project.
The marketing team’s goal is to build a powerful brand that speaks to our customers while creating a growth trajectory for the company that allows us to continue to invest in our product, our team, and our customers. This contract position will report to the Director of Marketing and work closely with our Storyteller who will interview the creators from behind the camera and guide the overall story vision and direction.
- We are a 100% remote team with people located all over the world.
- Every team member is committed to our mission, vision and values. Our mission is not your standard mailed-in variety; We exist solely to help creators earn a living from their craft, and we take that very seriously.
- Bootstrapped, profitable, and growing quickly. Reached #72 on the Inc 5000 fastest growing companies list.
ConvertKit is looking for a documentary filmmaker to film and edit short (e.g. 3-6 minute) documentary features of our creators that inspire people around the world to create, bring increased awareness to our brand and its values, and drive traffic to our marketing site and app.
The best candidate is:
- Able to manage multiple short film projects at a time from flying to the filming location to editing and delivering the final film.
- Ready to travel and film on location as needed throughout the year and execute the content calendar with current 2020 goal of launching one short film per month.
- Familiar and fascinated with independent creators (e.g. artists, bloggers, podcasters etc.)
- Excited to film and edit mini documentaries that inspire people creators around the world.
The right person for this position will have:
- Enthusiasm and belief in the ConvertKit mission.
- 2-3 years experience in video production, ideally in documentary storytelling.
- Proven ability to create unique and inspiring videos.
- Photography experience.
- Ability to meet tight deadlines.
- Ability to travel.
- Strong analytical, planning, organizational and time management skills.
- An understanding of the blogging and online creator industry.
- Strong and demonstrated filming, editing, and storytelling skills.
- Comfort in working with a remote team.
This is a contract position and compensation will be project-based.
We value diversity in all of its forms and we hire the best person or team for each role, no matter your background. Research tells us that applicants who are female or non-binary, as well as applicants who are people of color, are less likely to apply for roles they do not feel 100% qualified for.
We encourage every person who is interested to apply. We’re imperfect communicators, so think of our job postings as the starting point for discussion rather than proof that you shouldn’t apply. Take the leap - you never know, you might just be the perfect person for one of our open contractor roles, even if you don’t match 100% of the project description.
Please apply by September 20, 2019.