ConvertKit is on a mission to help creators earn $1B using our SaaS email marketing platform. We are 100% independent, 100% remote and are growing rapidly. We are proud to have built a product that our customers love, and we're looking for a talented growth analyst to join our growth team.
If you love data analysis (and equally love teaching others about how to use data), A/B testing and conversion–all in the name of earning and retaining more customers at every step of the customer lifecycle–then you’ll be a great fit for this role.
The growth team’s goal is to build a powerful brand that speaks to our customers while creating a growth trajectory for the company that allows us to continue to invest in our product, our team, and our customers. This position will report directly to the VP of Growth.
Why ConvertKit is interesting:
- We are a 100% remote team with the goal of having 50 teammates or less.
- Every team member is committed to our mission, vision and values. Our mission is not your standard mailed-in variety; We exist solely to help creators earn a living from their craft, and we take that very seriously.
- We put a high emphasis on work / life balance, and we value and strive for 40 hour work weeks. There aren't set hours, but there's a lot to get done!
This role is designed for an experienced growth analyst and requires a variety of skills and competencies. As a Growth Analyst, you’ll be responsible for owning our data platform (Amplitude + Segment + Redshift), ensuring data is readily available for consumption across the team (and facilitate data consumption) and instrumenting A/B testing to increase conversion and retention rates.
Measures of success include being the resident expert on the entire customer journey; running multiple, effective optimization experiments at a time; and ultimately driving more account signups and retention rates. Like everyone on the team, it’s always your job to help the company meet our growth goals and to treat our customers like they’re the reason we exist (because they are!).
Your responsibilities will include:
- Be the resident Amplitude expert.
- Encourage, educate and support the entire team with using data to make decisions, tell stories, etc.
- Build dashboards and reports for the ongoing analysis and monitoring of marketing campaigns/channels and customer lifecycle metrics
- Support the ongoing analysis of business performance required to inform marketing and product development decisions on a day-to-day basis
- Build and maintain a marketing experimentation plan that is available to the entire ConvertKit team, including experiment purpose, key performance indicator(s), hypotheses, results, and notes.
- Run marketing experiments designed to increase conversions throughout the funnel, from ad clicks to email signups to demo signups to account signups.
The right person for this position will have:
- Enthusiasm and belief in the ConvertKit mission.
- A passion for the iterative growth process required to find new growth opportunities.
- 4+ years of work experience in consulting, bizops, marketing analytics, or a similar data-driven business analytics role
- Familiarity with growth experimentation frameworks and general knowledge of growth strategy for startups.
- Great organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to work well with others and initiate consistent communication across teams.
- A genuine desire to build meaningful relationships within the ConvertKit team, including the ability to drive constructive conflict that leads to great ideas and positive outcomes.
- Strong and demonstrated written and verbal communications skills, including the ability to pitch ideas, tell powerful stories, and sell our vision.
- Comfort in working as part of a remote team.
The ideal candidate will also have:
- Extensive experience with A/B testing tools like Visual Website Optimizer.
- Expert quantitative analysis and logical reasoning; 2+ years experience using database languages (e.g. SQL or BigQuery) and visualization tools (e.g. Amplitude, Tableau) on large data sets to extract trends and insights. Hands-on experience conducting customer segmentation, cohort performance, and product funnel analyses prefered.
- Experience with Amplitude and Segment
- 3 weeks paid vacation, 7 paid holidays, and 1 week of paid sick leave / year, bumping up to 4 weeks vacation after 1 year of employment
- The team gathers twice a year in-person for fantastic team retreats
- 12 weeks paid maternity / 4 weeks paid paternity leave, as well as flexible scheduling in the first year after your child is born
- $2,500 equipment allowance given every 2 years
- 4% 401k match
- Yearly conference credit
- $1,000 yearly "paid paid vacation" bonus
- Excellent health, vision, and dental benefits
Applications for this position close on August 3rd, 2018. If you have any questions about the position, please contact Matt, our VP of Growth at [email protected], or Ashley, our Director of Operations at [email protected] Please apply online in lieu of sending Matt or Ashley your resume directly.