Senior full-stack engineer
ConvertKit is on a mission to help creators earn $1B using our SaaS email marketing platform. We are 100% independent, 100% remote and are growing rapidly. We are proud to have built a product that our customers love, and we're looking to grow our engineering team by hiring more Rails engineers.
About the team
The engineers at ConvertKit are smart, highly motivated and highly productive developers who care greatly about the craft of coding. We champion learning, bettering ourselves, and teaching to the rest of the team.
- We are a fully remote company, scattered across 8 states and 4 countries.
- Bootstrapped, profitable, and growing quickly. Reached #72 on the Inc 5000 fastest growing companies list.
- We put a high emphasis on work / life balance, and we value and strive for 40 hour work weeks. There aren't set hours, but there's a lot to get done!
- Every team member is committed to our mission, vision and values. Our mission is not your standard mailed-in variety; We exist solely to help creators earn a living from their craft, and we take that very seriously.
About the roleYou'll be part of our awesome engineering team, helping to build our product. We primarily use Rails, Mysql, Redis and Sidekiq to get the job done. We're facing real (fun) scaling challenges because of our incredible growth. Ideally, you've been there, done that before.
We're also looking for someone who cares deeply about writing clean, maintainable, well-tested code, and generally tends to leave code in a better state than when you encounter it.
You’re a perfect fit for this role if you’ve got experience developing software, love pragmatic OO design for its long-term cost benefits, and testing. Clean code is not just a phrase for you. Given our high rate of growth, you'll need to have strong knowledge of scaling Rails applications up.
We're a 100% remote company, so you should be autonomous, self-driven, and remote-disciplined.
The application period for this job will close Friday Oct 22, 2018.
If you have questions about the role or benefits, please get in touch with Ashley Alexander, our Director of Operations at [email protected] Please apply online in lieu of sending Ashley your resume directly.
- Significant full-stack Rails experience and preferably scaling a Rails app for rapid growth.
- 3 weeks paid vacation, 7 paid holidays, and 1 week of sick leave / year. Moves to 4 weeks paid vacation after 1 year.
- The team gathers twice a year in-person for fantastic team retreats.
- Excellent Health benefits.
- 12 weeks paid maternity / 4 weeks paid paternity leave.
- $2500 equipment allowance given every 2 years.
- 4% matching 401k.
- Yearly conference credit.
- $1,000 yearly vacation bonus.